SIEBEL Interview Questions
1. What’s SIEBEL
Answer:SIEBEL is the leading provider of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software …
2. What difference between Fields and single value fields
Answer:multivalue field has the child values from a chind BC for the parent record configured through MVL. single value field will be either from the base
table or joined table.
the Difference between Single Value Field (SVF) and Multi Value Field(MVF)
SVF- a field in BC which references a column in a table
MVF- a field in parent BC which references a field in child BC
Field-Identifies and defines a field in a business component. All fields making up a business component record contain entries from both Single Value Field and Multi Value Field object types.
3. What is the difference between 1:1 and 1:M extension tables
Answer:A1: 1:1 extension table is like an extension to the base table. if we do not have the required table space in the base table for craeting new extension columns, we will use the 1:1 extension table’s columns using an implicit join.
in contrast, 1:M extension tables are used for parent child relationship with the base table. where the 1:M extension has only related to the base table. for example, for a contact (S_CONTACT) there will be a number of specialities in the extension table(S_CONTACT_XM) with the parent child relationship.
A2: In Siebel for the base tables like S_CONTACT suppose you have 3 address for a perticular contact. A person is working at 2 places plus his home address. Now you can not store this is in S_Contact as every contact has a unique row id and that can not be repeated. So you have S_CONTACT_XM. i.e an extension table to S_CONTACT but with 1:M relation.
4. What is complex join? Difference with Foreign key Primary Key join?
Answer:Complex joins are joins which have following diffrences from a PK-FK joins
# Complex joins can have conditional mappings like >,<,>=,NOT,AND,etc apart from ‘=’ whereas the PK-FK joins are always ‘=’.
# PK-FK joins are always (1-N), whereas complex joins can have (1 – 0,1) and (0,1 – N) kind of relationships
5. What is Localisation?
Answer:Modify the object definitions in the local repository.
6. What is different between bounded and unbounded picklist?
Answer:We can enter free text incase of Unbounded Picklist. But, incase of Bounded Picklist, we can not enter freetext.
7. Dynamic Picklist is used to Update Join Fields? How?
Answer:Actually we cannot modify the join fields we cannot do any modifications and updations on that fields to do these things we create the dynamic picklist or pickapplet.dynamic picklist to modify (to enter new records )in the join fields
8. What is the primary difference between Siebel 7.5.2 and 7.7 Versions ?
Answer:are having lot of differences between siebel 7.7 and 7.5.2. the primary difference among them is ” Symbolic strings are available in Siebel 7.7 and not available in 7.5.2″. hence the future scope for upgradation like things are high in siebel 7.7.
Optimization techniques in EIM
1) Limit base tables and columns to be processed by using : only base Tables,ignore base Tables,only base Columns,ignore base Columns.
2) Always delete batches from EIM tables upon completion. Leaving old batches in the EIM table wastes space and can adversely affect performance. For other suggestions on working with batches.
3) Run independent EIM jobs in parallel. Two or more EIM processes can be started simultaneously by using the Siebel Server Manager.
4) Trace Flag Settings, using Synonyms, primary key only ParametersLimiting the Number of Records and Rows for Merge Processes.like this many techniques are there which will optimize the EIM process
9. How can a particular user among four users with same responsibility can have access to particular view and this view should not be visible to other users?
Answer:A1: yes by assigning the position and giving a unique,user id he can acess the data
A2: The new views which are to be restricted from the other 3 users can be grouped up in a seperate responsibility and then the 1st user can be assigned that the newly created responsibility. This will save time and will ensure smooth operations as well.
A3: think this is possible only by scripting. given view’s item identifier should be ‘0’. we need to capture the USERID of the particular user. if that user id matches the login name then we need to change this view’s item identifier to any other number other than zero. this script should be written at application level.
10. How to create Drilldown in Form applet?
Answer:Usually Drilldowns will be in List Applets only. But, in Siebel 6 there are Drilldowns on Form applets also. But, these are not similar to those in List Applets. in order to go to the target view we need to right click on the applet, on the menu shown we can find the available Drilldowns with Title as “Go To XYZ View”.
11. What is the difference between MVG & Dynamic PickList ?
Answer:A1: A new value could be added through an MVG where as Dynamic Pick Applet could only be used to pick a value from a pick applet which could be constrained to show relevant data. A value entered through an MVG will show up in a Dynamic Pick Applet if the Dynamic Pick Applet is based on that MVG.
A2: VG—More than one value associated with Single field
Dynamic Pik list—It drawn value from the BC.