SAP BDC Interview Questions
1. Difference between /N and /BEND ?
Answer:/BEND terminates the batch input processing and sets the session to be failed.
/N terminates the current batch input transaction.
2. SM35 transaction . How to automate BDC ?
Answer:After execution of batch input program , the session created is placed in the session queqe which can be viewed using SM35 transaction executing / Releseing the session will start the transfer of the data from the session into the database tables./
3. Update types in Call transaction method. What is the difference ?
Answer:At present with SAP we have only modes of updation
There is no more Local Update.
4. What are the table controls in BDC ? What is the difference between bdc and lsmw ? What is the difference between bdc and rfc ?
Answer:BDC – Batch data communication in which there are 2 processes
1. in bound
RFC – remote fucntion call(or) calling
5. Data conversion experience?
SAP HAS PROVIDED A TOOL NAMED LSMW WHICH CONVERTS THE LEGACY DATA INTO THE REQUIRED SAP FORMAT AND UPDATES THE DATABASE.
6. Open datasets, Read datasets ( Reading and writing data to files)?
Answer:Date Sets are nothing but files on Application Server,they can even be called as Sequential files.
Is used to open required file on the application Server.
Is used to read the contents required file on the application Server.
7. How to do back ground processing in BDC Session method ?
select the option background process
8. Call transaction method, how to capture the errors ?
Answer:IN CALL TRANSACTION TO CAPTURE THE ERRORS WE SHOULD PERFORM THE FOLLOWING.
FIRST ME MUST DECLARE AN INTERNAL TABLE WITH THE STRUCTURE OF BDCMSGCOLL TABLE.
THEN WHILE WRITING THE CALL TRANSACTION STATEMENT WE SHOULD PUT THE ‘E’ MODE FOR CAPTURING ALL THE ERRORS.
THEN FINALLY THE CAPTURED ERRORS MUST TO SENT TO THE INTERNAL TABLE WHICH WE DECLARED IN THE BEGINNING WITH BDCMSGCOLL BY USING THE FUNCTION MODULE
AND THUS THE ERROR MESSAGES WILL BE SENT TO THE INTERNAL TABLE WHICH WE DECLARED AT THE BEGINNING.
9. How to load data from MS Excel sheet to SAP by using BDC method ?
Answer:KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT even takes care of blank cells and is available in older versions of SAP
* Add values to internal table
SORT t_cells BY row col.
LOOP AT t_cells INTO wa_cells.
MOVE : wa_cells-col TO l_index.
ASSIGN COMPONENT l_index OF STRUCTURE itab TO
MOVE : wa_cells-value TO
AT END OF row.
10. What is the difference between call transaction and session method?
Answer:Session method: The records are not added to the database until the session is processed. sy-subrc is not returned. Error logs are created for error records. Updation in database table is always Synchronous.
Call Transaction method: The records are immediately added to the database table. sy-subrc is returned to 0 if successful. Error logs are not created and hence the errors need to be handled explicitly. Updation in database table is either Synchronous or Asynchronous.
11. SM35 transaction . How to automate BDC ?
Answer:sm35 is used to play girls for better nightfalls.
12. What is the difference between Upload and WS_Upload ?
Answer:The diffrence between WS_Upload and Upload is when you use function Upload it prompts for a dailog box where in you need to key in the file location.Where as in case of WS_Upload you specify the file location in the function input parameters itself
14. If I want to execute a program only in background not in foreground is there any option for this?
Answer:The sm37 transaction can be used for running a program in the background. Also in the session method while processing the session you can specify the processing type as background or foreground.
15. What kind of BDC programs are written ?
Answer:There are five types of BDC methods available. They are 1.Batch input session 2.Call Transaction 3.Recording 4.Direct Input and 5.LSMW
16. How to read files and process BDCs automatically?
Answer:To read file from Presentation server use Upload or GUI Upload or WS upload and to read file from Application server use Opend Dataset,Read dataset and Close dataset
17. In session method sy-subrc is not returned whereas in call transaction method sy-subrc is returned . what does it mean?
Answer:While to transfer the data from the through if any errors occurs until the errors are the complete the data is not transfer to the SAP system.
the system compulsory shows the errors. that errors are stored into the error logs (Transaction is SM35).
so the session method should not return any value.
In call transaction method data is directly pass to the SAP system.
So its compulsory return the value.
Because of the call transaction is the function.
A function should return the value mandatory.
With recording, user can avoid manual search for fields and tables required in a program including screen numbers. SHDB is the transaction code.
BDC vs Direct Loads( have you used direct loads on SAP tables )Direct loads is 5 times faster than uploading by normal BDC method. but some times while updating the database referential integrity is violated.
18. Have you set up a back ground job ? How to create a background job without a variant ?
Answer:Yes, user can create background job scheduling in two ways.
1. By calling the executable program RSBDCSUB
2. Transaction Code SM37